Country French Sourdough Bread Baking Kit - Dutch oven
This Country French Sourdough Bread Kit comes with two great flour options:
#1 Stone Ground White Flour - You'll Love this flour. It is the cleanest white flour we could find. It is slowly ground on a massive stone grinder and is the finest grind we’ve ever seen. It is unbleached, unbromated, unfortified, and Not enriched. It is also non-GMO.
#2 Enriched Bread Flour - a specific blend of hard wheat to make bread flour with a protein content of 11.5-12.75%. Its high protein content means it will rise great but will need to be worked well to get a nice smooth texture. It is also non-GMO.
You'll get all of the ingredients to bake your own sourdough bread including the LIVE sourdough starter!
Our baking kits make it easy to bake. That said this kit has some extra steps in it and is considered Advanced. Our regular bakers love this kit and said they love these kits.
Yield: 1 Loaf Skill Level: Advanced
Time - Prep: 36 - 48 hours; Bake: 40 mins; Total Time: 2 days
This kit comes in three flour variants. Choose your favorite as you checkout.
1. Organic, Whole White Wheat flour
2. Organic, Heritage hard red spring wheat, Unbleached Bread Flour, Ultra-Unifine Milled
3. Local grown, Unbleached Bread flour
Refill Kit Items List:
- Sourdough Leven - activated starter
- Sourdough Flour Mix - Used to make the dough
- 100 grams flour to feed for leaven if needed
- 1 cup kneading flour - Extra flour as needed
- Parchment paper - For baking (20 " Round)
- Recipe Care with step by step instructions
This kit includes an activated starter -- ready to go! All ingredients are pre-measured. Sourdough fans love this kit.
*This kit is for experienced bakers. There are directions included but Ideally, you will understand the basics of baking and sourdough. Our experienced bakers that have tried the kit love it but beginner bakers have said they were lost and need a simpler kit.
Currently, we have no customer support on how to bake the bread so if you need help learning this kit is NOT for you. Hold on though because we will have simple kits ready soon.
Skill Level Ratings:
- Easiest - Simple recipes that are quick and easy. Suitable for children and those with little baking experience. Mix - Pour - Bake recipes with no or few added ingredients.
- Average - Regular baking recipes which may need more added ingredients from home or extra steps than the easiest recipes. These recipes require basic baking skills such as mixing, weighing, measuring, taking temperature, kneading, etc…
- Advanced - A recipe that requires added experience or knowledge and/or may take longer to prepare than the average recipe. Not your average recipe but not too challenging for those who want to try something new.
- Challenge - These are the most difficult recipes and are designed for those looking for something special and enjoy elaborate preparations. These recipes either have a challenging aspect to them such as they take lots of time and attention or there is a finicky step that if you don’t get right will ruin the dish or use of unusual equipment.